With Thanksgiving and the holidays just around the corner, family dinners are one thing you can plan on having this season. Instead of showing up empty-handed, try using this recipe for the absolute best vegan chocolate chip cookies.
I created this recipe because of my older sister who is vegan. I love baking, but I wanted something my whole family could enjoy. So I tweaked my original ingredients, and these cookies were born. To make them even more delicious and festive, adding crushed-up candy cane bits can easily transition this recipe from basic cookies to a special holiday tradition.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- vegan chocolate chips
- Add vegan butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer or whisk, cream the butter and sugar together until combined (about 1-2 minutes). Add the plant-based milk and vanilla extract. Cream together once more to combine.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Fold the ingredients together until evenly combined. Then, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the cookie dough with cling wrap or tin foil and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the cookie dough into balls and transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 11-14 minutes on the middle rack in your oven. Remove cookies from the oven. Once you’ve removed them from the oven, let the cookies rest for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. They will firm up and de-puff while cooling. Enjoy!
[Image Credit Avalon Scheim]